Welcome to the Phalanger Wiki. Here you can find and contribute to the Phalanger project documentation. The wiki guides you through the first steps using Phalanger, basic features and also most advanced internals of the project.
Getting started with Phalanger
- Download Phalanger at codeplex pages first.
- Phalanger - The introduction to the project.
- Compatibility - Current status of compatibility with standard PHP runtime and applications.
- Web Server configuration - How to setup your web server to use the Phalanger.
- Migration/3.0 - Migration guide to Phalanger 3.0 running on .NET 4.0.
- References - See projects using Phalanger or interesting articles about Phalanger.
- Code samples - Samples on how to develop applications using Phalanger.
Building web/application using Phalanger
- Compilation - Compiling PHP source code using Phalanger.
- Visual Studio Integration - How to develop your Phalanger application in Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Extensions - Using standard PHP native extensions and managed extensions in Phalanger.
- Configuration/3.0 - Phalanger configuration options.
- Optimizing - How to optimize Phalanger application performance.
- Deployment - Deploying your Phalanger application to another machine.
Unique Phalanger features
- Multi Script Assembly - Compiling several scripts into single safe .NET assembly. An easy way how to make your system plugin-able and/or deploy your project within several parts.
- Console application - Creating standard executable console application.
- Windows Forms - Creating standard .NET windows forms application.
- .NET interoperability - Possibilities of using .NET features in PHP and vice versa.
- Pure mode - Strict mode targeting most compatible .NET assembly usable e.g. in classic C# project.